Songs Brought To Life
I’m currently working on a few certifications around the use of AI in marketing, and I’ll be honest: I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it’s impossible not to feel a little nervous about what AI means for the future of marketing, writing, and creative work - especially when those things are such a big part of my career and identity. On the other hand, it’s also incredibly exciting to see what’s possible right now, in real time, as these tools evolve.
One of the most surprising and meaningful things I’ve discovered is the ability to take decades of lyrics I’ve written - words that have mostly lived in notebooks, documents, or just in my head - and turn them into actual songs. That idea alone still feels a little mind-shattering to me. I’m not a singer (I’ve always joked that I sound like a dying cat), and while I used to play instruments, that part of my life has been long gone. Because of that, turning these lyrics into music has always felt impossible.
But over the last few days, that changed.
For the first time ever, I’ve been able to hear these lyrics come alive - not as drafts or fragments, but as real songs. Hearing them like this has left me in complete awe. One song in particular, about my mother, has been especially meaningful. It’s something I’ve heard in my head for years, something deeply personal that I could never quite bring into the world the way it deserved. Hearing it now - fully formed - has been emotional in a way I didn’t expect.
Below are a few of the songs I’ve created from those lyrics. Some span back to my college years. If you’re curious, I’d love for you to listen and hear what you think.
Be forewarned: they are country style so… sorry not sorry lol!
Here’s the playlist but the songs are listed individually below, too: https://suno.com/s/sKjHICmsX2v4X3Lo
Dawn Lee
https://suno.com/s/McFoMxb4tSRczxSp
Hidden Away
https://suno.com/s/WNNsYpwe6dkdQlFN
Evergreen
https://suno.com/s/PZL9PmXTJKlyKZhM
The Road I Didn’t Choose
https://suno.com/s/RD2qIPiIFuiDLOa0
Fast As I Could
https://suno.com/s/PfGrviVhlpDuZpxM
Memories
https://suno.com/s/H4xZJwG4dVvxoD1G
One of Twenty-Two
https://suno.com/s/Nm5CtO9N8zo3gU1a
Will This Get Better With Time
https://suno.com/s/5Nz4siuZRn5W8cTk
Chances Are
https://suno.com/s/3Is7ajwpoddoPkSZ
Trying Hard To Remember
https://suno.com/s/VtJeMqz6zMFISvnd
500 Miles
https://suno.com/s/zKB2HL646uxoEKsO
Sunday Morning Dream
https://suno.com/s/GMpvB7fAxuvztgLX
Not With Me
https://suno.com/s/tl0QXO5zRlEhBWmu



Comments