Vintage and Lace…
Today, we checked another one off the summer bucket list - not the restaurant list this time, but a true Chicago summer classic: the Randolph Street Market. And honestly? It might end up becoming one of my favorite traditions. If you love vintage fairs, unique finds, or just wandering around discovering things you never knew you needed, it’s absolutely worth a visit. The next market is in July, and I already know I’ll be back because one vendor promised to bring his collection of Chanel buttons for me to dig through and shop. Dangerous for my wallet, but thrilling for me.
You can check out the schedule here: https://randolphstreetmarket.com/
If you know me at all, you know vintage markets are basically my happy place, and this one is chef’s kiss perfection. Vendors fill both the outdoor spaces and the indoor buildings, and every booth feels like a tiny treasure hunt. There’s everything from antique furniture to designer accessories to old records and sports memorabilia - which is exactly why J insists we always take his smaller car. Apparently, he has learned that giving me too much trunk space is a terrible idea.
We got there early and spent most of the early afternoon wandering separately because we gravitate toward completely different vendors. I naturally found myself admiring all the Chanel and Gunne Sax and designer pieces, while J disappeared into booths full of vintage jerseys and vinyl records. Somehow, we always meet back up comparing our favorite finds like little kids after recess.
I ended up bringing home two vintage pink floral plates that are perfect for holding my rings, plus the prettiest vintage glass bowl for my bracelets. Tiny treasures are my weakness. And of course, no market trip is complete without trying the food trucks.
Also - four different people complimented my outfit today, which honestly gave me an unreasonable amount of confidence for the rest of the afternoon.
After the market, we wandered over to Forno Rosso Pizzeria Napoletana for dinner, which was delicious and helped us stay committed to our goal of not repeating restaurants this summer. Then J surprised me with a stop at Promontory Point along the lake, where we sat watching the sun start to dip behind the skyline while the water reflected all the soft evening light.
I don’t think I could ever get tired of Chicago. I wish we had moved there when we were 23, like we wanted to. Every visit reminds me why we’ve always talked about living there someday. Once Kid #2 heads off to college, we’re hoping to finally make it happen, even if it’s just for a few years. It feels like the perfect season of life to finally try the thing we’ve always wanted.
And honestly, days like today are exactly why summer is my favorite - wandering without a schedule, discovering hidden treasures, eating good food, and ending the night by the water with someone you love.
My favorite summer activity? Long evenings outside that somehow turn into unplanned adventures. Those are always the days I remember most. What is your favorite summer activity?







Comments