I’ve been writing pretty steadily lately, and I’m excited to share that another one of my three remaining manuscripts is officially ready to go to the editor. It feels like a big step forward - and a really good one.
Even more exciting, my proof copies of my current book - now titled The Unwritten Life of Delilah Asher - are arriving today. I can’t wait to finally hold them in my hands and see everything come together in print. There’s something surreal about that moment, and I’m soaking up every bit of it.
I also want to take a moment to say thank you. Truly. Whether you’ve read something I’ve written, offered encouragement, or simply followed along on this journey - your support means more to me than I can fully put into words. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for being part of this with me.
I’ve mentioned before that I’ve been revisiting some of the lyrics I wrote and set to music over the years, so I thought I’d share another one today. This piece is from sometime in the early 2000s - though I couldn’t tell you exactly when. I really wish I’d gotten into the habit of dating everything back then!
Looking back through the pictures
It’s a cold and rainy evening
And for now I’ve got nowhere else to go.
I see you and me together
And for a moment I surrender
To the feelings that I used to love and know.
It doesn’t hurt that you don’t need me
I’ve been told that much before
What hurts is knowing you don’t love me anymore.
I took a wrong turn and I pushed you away
Now I’m trying to learn how to live life day to day
You’ve gone on and built a life in which I’m not a part
And even though you don’t know it
You still hold onto my heart.
This morning when I saw you
Holding hands with someone new
I felt a pain I thought was finally done
It’s been years since I have seen you
And it breaks my heart to know that
In your heart, I never was the one.
It didn’t hurt so much to see
You holding her like you held me before
What hurt was when I realized
You don’t love me anymore.
I took a wrong turn and I pushed you away
Now I’m trying to learn how to live life day to day
You’ve gone on and built a life in which I’m not a part
And even though you don’t know it
You still hold onto my heart.
I should be over you, sweetheart
They say time heals all wounds
But somehow looking back on all the memories
I’m still in love with you.
So tomorrow I will wake up
And I’ll go on with my day
And maybe I’ll forget that you were there
But more likely I’ll be daydreaming
About holding you again
While my mind takes me off somewhere.
I took a wrong turn and I pushed you away
Now I’m trying to learn how to live life day to day
You’ve gone on and built a life in which I’m not a part
And even though you don’t know it
You still hold onto my heart.
Comments