The Book Is Here…

We got back from Minnesota today, and I was so excited to see the proof copies of my new book waiting for me! There’s something really special about holding it in my hands for the first time. I’m grateful to have this next week off for spring break so I can give it one final look-through before everything is officially done.


Our trip to Minnesota was our version of spring break - even if heading toward colder weather feels a little backwards this time of year. The main reason for the trip was a birthday gift we’d been planning for months: tickets for my daughter to see The Neighbourhood in concert. It was so worth the wait.


My son decided to take some time off work and come along too - though I have a feeling the Mall of America had something to do with that decision, lol. And since J knows how much I dislike driving, he volunteered to come along and take the wheel, which I happily accepted.

We packed a lot into the trip. We stayed at a cozy little Airbnb and spent time exploring - walking around the Mall of America, visiting the aquarium, heading to The Armory for the concert, and checking out Can Can Wonderland for arcade games and mini golf. Can Can Wonderland was especially fun - there were so many old-school arcade games, which felt like such a nostalgic treat and totally my kind of place.

The kids both saved up their money and enjoyed doing a little shopping, and Peyton brought a friend along so they could share the experience together. And I might have slipped them some money for Legos. As for me… I finally treated myself to a Chanel lipstick I’ve been eyeing for longer than I’d like to admit.


Trips like this remind me how quickly time moves. I know these moments - having everyone together, laughing, exploring, just being - won’t last forever. The kids will grow up, find their own paths, build their own lives. And while I’m so excited for all of that for them, I also want to hold onto this season just a little longer.

So for now, I’ll soak it all in - every laugh, every memory, every chance to spoil them just a bit and enjoy this time together.

Check out these throwbacks from our last trip to the Mall of America in 2008 - my som was 2 and I was pregnant with my daughter! 





Comments

Popular Posts