The Love Theories...

As I’ve been trying to find my way toward a sunnier outlook lately, I’ve noticed something about myself: even when I’m “healing,” I still end up wandering into deep thoughts - usually somewhere between reflection and a late-night social media doom scroll. And recently, I stumbled across some theories about love that led to some fun conversations.

So I thought - why not explore it together?

Let’s start with the Parallel Universe Theory today.

The idea is simple, but it hits hard: every choice we didn’t make still exists… just somewhere else. Every path we didn’t take branches off into its own timeline. Somewhere, in another version of reality, we said yes instead of no. We stayed instead of leaving. We held on instead of letting go.

Which means - in some distant, unreachable timeline - we never had to say goodbye to the people we loved. Or, we chose to stay together with a love instead of part ways. Or maybe we followed a dream or a career we had once wanted.

There’s a version of you out there where things worked out differently. Where the timing was right. Where the words came easier. Where the story didn’t end the way it did here.

And in this reality?

“In this version, I have to carry you in my heart instead of my hands. You’re not gone - you’re just living out the version of us I didn’t get to keep.”

Yeah… it’s a lot.

I’ll admit, part of the reason this idea fascinates me so much is because I’m a huge Marvel fan - like, huge. The whole multiverse concept? It’s basically this theory brought to life. Different timelines, different versions of the same people, all shaped by the smallest changes in choice or chance. One decision, and suddenly everything shifts.

It’s kind of wild to think about - how fragile and powerful our choices really are. That something as small as a moment, a word, or even hesitation could send your life down an entirely different path.

And maybe the strangest part is this: somewhere out there, there’s a version of you who became everything you once imagined. And somewhere else, there’s a version of you who kept the people you had to let go of.

But here, in this timeline, we’re living the version we got.

And maybe that’s where the meaning is - not in the lives we didn’t live, but in how we choose to live this one.

Because even if there are a million other versions of your story out there…

This is the one where you’re still writing it.

So here’s something I’ve been sitting with - and I’d love to hear your thoughts:

If you could see just one alternate version of your life, would you choose the one where everything worked out… or the one that would help you understand why it didn’t?


Comments

Popular Posts