A Little Bit of Sun...
This morning, I snapped a quick photo of the sunrise for a work social media post. I've always been a sunrise/sunset girl - although if I’m being honest, I lean more toward sunsets because I am definitely not a morning person.
Still, there’s something about driving into work while the sky is painted with color and the sun is rising that changes the whole mood of the day. When the sky is bright and glowing, it’s hard not to feel just a little more hopeful and cheerful.
Maybe it’s the certainty of it all. (This is a photo I took a couple weeks ago of the sunset over Kankakee, near one of my best friend's home.)
No matter what kind of day it is - clear skies, heavy clouds, or darkness that seems to linger a little longer - the sun still rises and it still sets. Some days the colors are bold and breathtaking. Other days they’re softer, hidden behind clouds. But they’re still there.
In a way, it’s a lot like us.
Some days we show up bright and full of energy. Other days we feel a little dimmer, a little quieter, just doing what we need to do to get through the day. But we’re still here. Still showing up. Still moving forward.
Maybe that’s why I love sunrises and sunsets so much. In a world filled with uncertainty, they are one small reminder that some things are steady and reliable.
And there’s something beautiful about a painted sky reminding us that no matter how difficult the day might have been - or how uncertain tomorrow may feel - there is still beauty around us.
Sometimes all we have to do is look up.



Comments