Checking One Off The List…
J and I headed out to Porter Cullen to check off the first spot on my list. On the way, my buddy Charlie texted me. I told him I’d text him back since we were on our way to dinner, and he said no problem - which will be important later. It was 3:43 pm.
This pub was recommended by a coworker, but he and his wife couldn’t meet us because of a PM wave at a club volleyball tournament. Since J and I had already headed out that way earlier in the day - checking out Al Capone’s former residence, wandering through some old cemeteries (I love the intricate designs on really old headstones), and admiring older homes and architecture - we decided to go anyway. It’s been a while since the two of us got to just hang out.
So we made our way to Porter Cullen, where we ordered Irish egg rolls (my new favorite), braised beef stew for J, and chili with Cajun fries for me. Chili season is almost over, so I had to squeeze in one last bowl before summer hits. Everything was delicious - though sadly, my stomach isn’t built for big meals these days, so I only made it about halfway through.
After dinner, J told me to pick out a bakery. I did a quick Google search and chose one of the first places that popped up. When we pulled up, J looked at me and said, “You know what this is, right?”
I did not.
It was a dispensary bakery. 🤣
Needless to say, I am clearly very naive - and no, I did not get a baked good. (We did stop in LaGrange at Tate’s to get me mint chocolate chip ice cream in a waffle cone!)
I genuinely laughed out loud. He’s not wrong - but also, I’m writing this while snuggled up on the couch in my pajamas, watching Dawson’s Creek at 7:37 PM on a Saturday after an early dinner, so… draw your own conclusions.
All in all, we found a few new places to add to the list, had a great meal, and spent a really nice afternoon together.





Comments